Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

video in text messages

I have an iPhone 12 Pro. All of a sudden I can't get video in texts I tried shutting down and restarting, Nada!

iPhone 12 Pro

Posted on Jul 22, 2022 2:26 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 22, 2022 2:28 PM

Receiving a video in a text message requires MMS Messaging.

MMS requires both the following:

• Settings > Messages > MMS Messaging = “on”
  • Permission to use MMS from your cellular carrier under your plan. This may cost extra.
7 replies

Jul 22, 2022 3:07 PM in response to TeresaAF

Are we talking about MMS (green messages) or iMessages (blue)?

What is the difference between iMessage and SMS/MMS? - Apple Support

If MMS, then yes, need to explore further possibly with cellular carrier. If iMessage, need to explore in a different direction, such as maybe the video size.

And if we’re talking about a group message, additional complications are involved. We need to know, for example, if there is an SMS/iMessage mix (which would be the most complex variety of problem).

Jul 22, 2022 3:17 PM in response to TeresaAF

TeresaAF wrote:

I asked my daughter to send me a quick video and hers are blue---is that because my daughter is on an iPhone and my friend is on a Galaxy?

Yes!

Did you receive your daughter’s video? If so, that does narrow the issue to MMS, and your cellular carrier’s infrastructure. Your daughter, having an Apple product, successfully used Apple’s infrastructure to send you the video.

video in text messages

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.