Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why is Apple Watch Workout calibration limited to outdoors?

If I understand what Apple is doing, they are having you walk or run outdoors (at different speeds for the most accuracy...several calibrations) to calibrate your watch for your stride etc. I live in a very hilly area so there is no way I can walk or run around here without going up and down a lot of hills. However, I can get on my treadmill like I did today and note that my watch was 18% low on the distance I traveled. Hence, why don't you let me input that distance for the calibration????

Posted on Jul 22, 2022 5:29 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 22, 2022 8:16 PM

Manually entering it - yeah, may be a good idea that you can send to Product Feedback - Apple

5 replies

Why is Apple Watch Workout calibration limited to outdoors?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.