Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Watch Distance is always off on Indoor use - can it be calibrated?

I have the latest Apple Watch (7 GPS) and I use the Fitness App.

Is there a way to calibrate the distance and pace my watch calculates in the Fitness App when I am using indoor workout equipment like a treadmill, eliptical, or stationary bike? I have the distance, pace, and calorie burn information from those machines and my watch is always getting a completely different data set. Usually, the pace is off by alot (i.e., a 13 min mile is 16 min) and the total distance is usually off by quite a bit as well (ie.., 3 miles measure out to 2.6miles). I assume you need to define what a stride distance is somewhere for running and walking, but I dont see anywher in the ap to do that?

B

Apple Watch Series 7

Posted on Aug 26, 2022 11:06 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 26, 2022 11:08 AM

Calibrating your Apple Watch

5 replies

Sep 6, 2022 5:46 PM in response to Brett513

It’s never worked correctly for indoor runs on mine either, even after repeated attempts to calibrate. Sometimes calibrating seems to help but then weeks/months later, it’s completely erratic again. I don’t know why they won’t let you enter stride length and instantly fix this: accuracy would improve immensely and the calculations are extremely simple.

Aug 27, 2022 11:07 AM in response to Brett513

It is a general calibration,not just for walking,it also learns your stride length etc.

Gps isn't calbrated on the watch that is done on the satellites.

Watch Distance is always off on Indoor use - can it be calibrated?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.