Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Some of my notes are not able to be locked (the lock button is grayed out)

Hi, I have enabled the ability to lock notes on my iPhone 13 mini, iPad Air and MacBook Pro and I am able to do this and unlock them via a password or Touch ID. The weird thing is there are a large amount of my notes that have the lock button grayed out and I cannot lock them. It seems to be random which notes I can lock and which ones I can't. Any ideas on how I can fix this?

iPhone 13 Mini

Posted on Jul 22, 2022 8:17 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 23, 2022 12:44 AM

Check here -> Related Article -> How to lock or unlock notes on your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch

• You can only lock notes on your device and notes in iCloud. You can't lock notes that have tags, PDFs, audio, video, Keynote, Pages, Numbers documents, or notes that use IMAP to sync with accounts, like Yahoo, Gmail, and Hotmail. You also can't password protect notes that you share with someone else. If you want to stop sharing a note, open the note, tap the Add People button , then tap Manage Shared Note > Stop Sharing.
1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 23, 2022 12:44 AM in response to mister_jaybird

Check here -> Related Article -> How to lock or unlock notes on your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch

• You can only lock notes on your device and notes in iCloud. You can't lock notes that have tags, PDFs, audio, video, Keynote, Pages, Numbers documents, or notes that use IMAP to sync with accounts, like Yahoo, Gmail, and Hotmail. You also can't password protect notes that you share with someone else. If you want to stop sharing a note, open the note, tap the Add People button , then tap Manage Shared Note > Stop Sharing.

Some of my notes are not able to be locked (the lock button is grayed out)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.