You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Updating to Windows 11 from Windows 10 (read to understand )

I have a Windows 10 partition which is installed on my MacMini 2014. I want to update that to Windows 11, like update to Windows 11 from the Windows 10 partition. I am not able to do that from the Mac side because of some issues. So if I update to Windows 11 will my Apple Drivers stop working...?

Mac mini, macOS 12.4

Posted on Jul 22, 2022 10:11 PM

1 reply

Jul 23, 2022 1:43 AM in response to Apple_Boi_

Unfortunately, no Mac computer is able to natively run Windows 11. This is because Windows 11 requires support for a piece of hardware built into the motherboard called Trusted Platform Module 2.0 (TPM 2.0). No Macs support TPM 2.0, which means that Windows will not allow the upgrade to 11.

While certain virtualization softwares (such as Parallels) are able to simulate the TPM 2.0 requirement and run Windows 11, even this requires a newer Mac. On Boot Camp, some people have managed to bypass the TPM 2.0 requirement by using a modified Windows disk image (*.iso), but this is not recommended for the sake of security.

About Trusted Platform Module - Microsoft Documentation

Updating to Windows 11 from Windows 10 (read to understand )

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.