Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My express travel card doesn’t always work

On transport for london my express travel credit card does not always work. Sometimes I can hold my phone above the sensor and the gates automatically open, other times nothing happens. This means that I have to manually select a card from my wallet causing anxiety-inducing hold ups at the gate, plus the occasional ‘incomplete journey’ if I select the wrong card, and its attendant admin hassle.

I have checked that the ‘Express Travel’ option has been correctly selected in Settings.

iPhone SE, iOS 15

Posted on Jul 23, 2022 3:22 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 24, 2022 5:02 AM

It could be the payment terminal. to make sure its not NFC,

Since we are all users here we cannot troubleshoot NFC issues. What you can do though is go to this link Contact Support and they can perform a hardware diagnostics while you chat with them or you can make an appointment at your nearest Apple Store Genius Bar for an evaluation.

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 24, 2022 5:02 AM in response to acusmith

It could be the payment terminal. to make sure its not NFC,

Since we are all users here we cannot troubleshoot NFC issues. What you can do though is go to this link Contact Support and they can perform a hardware diagnostics while you chat with them or you can make an appointment at your nearest Apple Store Genius Bar for an evaluation.

My express travel card doesn’t always work

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.