Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

updates for a new MacBook

Hi guys, does anyone know if I shoud not update the system of my new macBook to avoid getting glitches which eventualy would slow it down

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 12.3

Posted on Jul 23, 2022 4:11 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 23, 2022 5:27 AM

From experience, it is almost always better off to update your operating system in the long run. I understand why some people might have second thoughts. Sometimes third party softwares become glitchy and prevents the work / task being done after updating the operating system. That being said, its almost always temporary (i.e., the third party software developer update their software). Although can happen, it is rare that third party softwares become permanently unusable. The reason it's best to update your operating system is bug fixes and additional features. Updating is generally recommended. If there are reservations, perhaps considering a delayed update to see if others are having issues from a recently released update. Hope this helps.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 23, 2022 5:27 AM in response to stanislav158

From experience, it is almost always better off to update your operating system in the long run. I understand why some people might have second thoughts. Sometimes third party softwares become glitchy and prevents the work / task being done after updating the operating system. That being said, its almost always temporary (i.e., the third party software developer update their software). Although can happen, it is rare that third party softwares become permanently unusable. The reason it's best to update your operating system is bug fixes and additional features. Updating is generally recommended. If there are reservations, perhaps considering a delayed update to see if others are having issues from a recently released update. Hope this helps.

updates for a new MacBook

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.