Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Phone stolen

Hi my phone got stolen last night and i put it on stolen mode today i got a text with the user name of apple telling me to click on this link ****

after i clicked on it my stolen iphone is no longer on my find my iphone app and find my iphone got turned off for that device in my icloud what should i do was this link really from apple?

[Link Edited by Moderator]

iPhone 13 Pro Max, iOS 15

Posted on Jul 24, 2022 11:30 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 24, 2022 11:36 AM

Unfortunately, you were scammed into providing your Apple ID credentials to the thief. Apple DOES NOT send you a text message as they do not get directly involved with lost or stolen iPhones.

At this point, you need to do the following as soon as possible:

• Change your Apple ID password.
  • Change your user account passwords for all of your financial accounts.
  • Report this phone as stolen to your local law enforcement agency.

Since you inadvertently provided your Apple ID credentials, the thief now removed activation lock from your phone and there is nothing anyone here, nor Apple can do to assist you with this.

Ref: If you think your Apple ID has been compromised - Apple Support

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 24, 2022 11:36 AM in response to diba81

Unfortunately, you were scammed into providing your Apple ID credentials to the thief. Apple DOES NOT send you a text message as they do not get directly involved with lost or stolen iPhones.

At this point, you need to do the following as soon as possible:

• Change your Apple ID password.
  • Change your user account passwords for all of your financial accounts.
  • Report this phone as stolen to your local law enforcement agency.

Since you inadvertently provided your Apple ID credentials, the thief now removed activation lock from your phone and there is nothing anyone here, nor Apple can do to assist you with this.

Ref: If you think your Apple ID has been compromised - Apple Support

Phone stolen

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.