Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Imac Mail on Big Sur

in Mail and even here in this tect and in Pages, it selects an email or a chaercater and when I move the pointer to another ewmail or space it just highlights/selects all the intervening emails and or text so I cannot open an email or correct typos in the text. comman/click works but whwen I click on another email or space, it selects all emails again or all intervening text.

Posted on Jul 25, 2022 5:07 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 25, 2022 5:35 AM

The text of your question is exhibiting numerous typos which I presume is the issue which needs resolution.

A few basic things to try first.

• uninstall any anti-virus or cleanup app as they are notorious for causing issues.
  • try another keyboard, any usb type, and see if the problem is still there.
  • start up in safe mode and see if the problem is still there, if not do a normal restart and check again.
2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 25, 2022 5:35 AM in response to JonathanWhitaker90

The text of your question is exhibiting numerous typos which I presume is the issue which needs resolution.

A few basic things to try first.

• uninstall any anti-virus or cleanup app as they are notorious for causing issues.
  • try another keyboard, any usb type, and see if the problem is still there.
  • start up in safe mode and see if the problem is still there, if not do a normal restart and check again.

Imac Mail on Big Sur

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.