Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

frequently visited sites delete - iOS 15.6

I used to delete some of my frequently visited sites

but after iOS 15.6, I can delete URLs, but after closing and reopening safari the deleted URLs appears again.

I completely wiped the phone (13 pro max) and restored the backup and issue remain the same.

by the way, favorites tab works fine, I can modify it and commits the modifications unlike frequently visited tab...

do you have any solution to fix "frequently visited tab" other than resetting the phone, or deleting safari history?

Posted on Jul 25, 2022 9:14 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 25, 2022 10:28 AM

I just tried it and it appears to be a bug which you could report at https://apple.com/feedback

but you may have to type in ios15.6 in the text as it is never in the drop-down in timely manner (also frequently reported)

Alternatives;

1. Settings,Safari, clear history and website data to zap them all or
  2. Tap Edit on the start page and toggle off Frequently Visited so they dont show.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 25, 2022 10:28 AM in response to AlFrued

I just tried it and it appears to be a bug which you could report at https://apple.com/feedback

but you may have to type in ios15.6 in the text as it is never in the drop-down in timely manner (also frequently reported)

Alternatives;

1. Settings,Safari, clear history and website data to zap them all or
  2. Tap Edit on the start page and toggle off Frequently Visited so they dont show.

frequently visited sites delete - iOS 15.6

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.