Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple-ID - Issues updating payment method - Denial by payment service provider- Root Cause: Apple is sending an incorrect EDI data frame / EDI dataset to payment service provider for the authentication - Who at Apple can tackle this root cause?

Hello all,

I am facing issues updating my payment method for my Apple ID.

The update of the payment method was declined by the payment service provider for my credit cards (Mastercard and VISA).

So I contacted the payment service provider for my credit cards (Mastercard and VISA) today.

The payment service provider told me that Apple is sending a wrong EDI dataset / EDI data frame to the payment service provider.

Due to this wrong EDI data set by Apple the authentication is declined by the payment service provider.

The payment service provider told me that I should inform Apple that Apple should look into the EDI dataset / EDI data frame Apple is sending to the payment service provide in order to tackle and solve this general issue.

Therefore I contacted the Apple support via phone this afternoon but they couldn't support me and Apple support does not know how to address this EDI issue inside Apple.

Therefore my question is to whom at Apple could this EDI dataset / EDI data frame issue addressed?

Is there for example an email address of Apple EDI support or Apple IT finance support, etc. so that they could look into this issue and solve this issue together with the payment service provider (Mastercard and VISA)?

Thank you.

Posted on Jul 25, 2022 10:23 AM

6 replies

Jul 26, 2022 12:58 PM in response to Eric Root

Hello Eric Root,

thank you for the link.

This link reaches "Apple Support".

I learned that Apple Support does not have the information and procedures to address these kind of issues to the Apple corporate level and bring this to the attention to the Apple Corporate Finance department who is in charge of these kind of topics and can tackle and solve these issues.

Apple Support does a great job but they do not have the information and the "communication channels" for addressing these kind of issues to Corporate Apple and to the Apple financial department.

The best would be if someone from Apple would read about this issue and addresses this to corporate finance department so they can look into this issue and solve this issue.

Because this is a general issue with transactional data for authentication Apple is sending to payment service providers which could only be solved by Apple financial department.

Thank you.

Apple-ID - Issues updating payment method - Denial by payment service provider- Root Cause: Apple is sending an incorrect EDI data frame / EDI dataset to payment service provider for the authentication - Who at Apple can tackle this root cause?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.