MacOS App Store - Contacting card issuer for authentication results in blank screen

It seems secure (PSD2 regulation) payments are broken in App Store on macOS Sonoma 14.4.1 (23E224). Might not have worked earlier either, this is the first time in a while I've mad a big purchase in App Store.

I'm trying to purchase Logic Pro with a VISA credit card I've added to my Apple ID. It prompts me saying it needs to do secure payment due to EU regulations and show me the first screenshot below saying "Contacting card issuer for authentication". After spinning for half a minute or so it just shows a blank screen (second screenshot).

I've tried two different Visa credit cards from two different banks to try to rule out any issues with the specific bank. Same result for both.

I already read through the previous thread on the subject, but the only solution offered there was using Paypal which I would rather not do. ''CONTACTING CARD ISSUER FOR AUTHENTICATI… - Apple Community

Posted on Apr 19, 2024 4:41 AM

Similar questions

3 replies

Apr 19, 2024 4:23 PM in response to Snorremd

Snorremd wrote:

That did not work. I also tried signing out of the Apple Id in settings all together and then back in after restarting MacOS. Did not help either. Not sure what else I can try.

Me neither. I'd go ahead and contact Apple Support, then:

Apr 19, 2024 9:22 AM in response to Snorremd

Snorremd wrote:

It seems secure (PSD2 regulation) payments are broken in App Store on macOS Sonoma 14.4.1 (23E224). Might not have worked earlier either, this is the first time in a while I've mad a big purchase in App Store.

I'm trying to purchase Logic Pro with a VISA credit card I've added to my Apple ID. It prompts me saying it needs to do secure payment due to EU regulations and show me the first screenshot below saying "Contacting card issuer for authentication". After spinning for half a minute or so it just shows a blank screen (second screenshot).

I've tried two different Visa credit cards from two different banks to try to rule out any issues with the specific bank. Same result for both.

I already read through the previous thread on the subject, but the only solution offered there was using Paypal which I would rather not do. ''CONTACTING CARD ISSUER FOR AUTHENTICATI… - Apple Community

I would try signing out in Store > 'Sign Out', then signing back in the same way and testing.

Apr 19, 2024 4:11 PM in response to -Bubba-

That did not work. I also tried signing out of the Apple Id in settings all together and then back in after restarting MacOS. Did not help either. Not sure what else I can try. I've added my cards to Apple Pay, but it does not seem App Store allows me to choose this option when purchasing stuff. It just uses the first credit card in the payment methods list in Mac App Store (I assume).

MacOS App Store - Contacting card issuer for authentication results in blank screen

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.