Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Changing Apple Id

I just got remarried and do not want to use my original Apple ID because it is has to do with my previous married name. How can I change that without using my iCloud email

iPhone 13, iOS 15

Posted on Jul 25, 2022 10:15 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 25, 2022 12:23 PM

You can get a 3rd party email address from Yahoo or AOL to use as your new Apple ID address. Note the restrictions in the article.

Apple ID Name Change.  * 

Make sure you turn off Find My Phone before signing out of the old ID. Once signed out and Find My Phone is off, then sign in with the new ID, then turn Find My Phone back on.

What to do after you change your Apple ID or password - Apple Support  *  I suggest doing this before you change your Apple ID or password.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 25, 2022 12:23 PM in response to deborahfromsilt

You can get a 3rd party email address from Yahoo or AOL to use as your new Apple ID address. Note the restrictions in the article.

Apple ID Name Change.  * 

Make sure you turn off Find My Phone before signing out of the old ID. Once signed out and Find My Phone is off, then sign in with the new ID, then turn Find My Phone back on.

What to do after you change your Apple ID or password - Apple Support  *  I suggest doing this before you change your Apple ID or password.

Changing Apple Id

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.