Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Studio Display Speakers cutting out

So my mac studio speakers are cutting out after about 4-5 seconds. I go to sounds in settings and switch back and forth between the Mac Studio internal speaker which works fine and the Studio Display speakers which cut out with a couple of clicking noises. This seems like a mechanical defect, so I guess I'll have to got to the Apple Store to see what they say. I've rebooted, changed the USB-C port, turned the computer off and restarted. Kind of a pain with a brand new computer.

Mac Studio, 12.4

Posted on Jul 25, 2022 10:11 AM

6 replies

Jul 25, 2022 2:41 PM in response to Rabbit51

So after more research, I found the solution. Simply unplug the Studio Display power plug for a few minutes and plug back in. There is no on/off switch so there is no way to "reboot" the imbedded processor or to do a "hard reset" ... Seems like Apple decided there was no need for an on/off switch, but after this experience, I'm thinking they might come up with a way to reset the Studio Display independent of the Mac Studio. Guess time will tell.

Jul 30, 2022 12:10 PM in response to Rabbit51

I've got the same problem. I did some searching and it seems the problem arises with both output (speakers) and input (microphone). Some report a fix by unplugging the studio display, waiting a minute or two, then plugging it back in. Unclear how stable a fix this is. Also might be related to stealth system updates.

This is not acceptable in a display this expensive. Unless Apple fixes this, class action suit here I come

Studio Display Speakers cutting out

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.