Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iTunes won't transfer all my songs to iPhone 12.

I have about 4200 songs in my iTunes library (which is up to date.) I have an iPhone 12. When I sync entire music library it only sends over about 2500 songs. I don't have Apple Music. How can I get the remaining 1700 songs onto my phone?

iPhone 12

Posted on Jul 25, 2022 6:57 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 26, 2022 1:34 AM

First of all, you need to confirm that the songs that don't make it to the phone actually play in your iTunes library.

If they do, then check to see if your Sync options are set to synchronise your entire library, or have you set it to sync only selected playlists etc?

• if the option is set to synchronise only selected playlists, artists, albums and genres, then the missing songs need to be in one of the selected items or you need to select additional items (such as a genre)
  • if the option is already set to sync entire library, check to see if the missing songs are ticked (checked) in the library (the Songs view is the easiest view to show this). If your iTunes is set to sync only ticked songs and videos, then any unticked song (checked song) will not be added to the phone
1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 26, 2022 1:34 AM in response to roigrage

First of all, you need to confirm that the songs that don't make it to the phone actually play in your iTunes library.

If they do, then check to see if your Sync options are set to synchronise your entire library, or have you set it to sync only selected playlists etc?

• if the option is set to synchronise only selected playlists, artists, albums and genres, then the missing songs need to be in one of the selected items or you need to select additional items (such as a genre)
  • if the option is already set to sync entire library, check to see if the missing songs are ticked (checked) in the library (the Songs view is the easiest view to show this). If your iTunes is set to sync only ticked songs and videos, then any unticked song (checked song) will not be added to the phone

iTunes won't transfer all my songs to iPhone 12.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.