Newsroom Update

Apple and Google deliver support for unwanted tracking alerts in iOS and Android. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Transfer iTunes library from iPad to iPhone

I have over 3000 songs on my iPad iTunes library but can’t seem to transfer these to my iTunes library on my iPhone XR? Any ideas please. If I try to transfer them to library on PC it suggests that anything on iPad will be removed???

iPad Air 2, iPadOS 13

Posted on Jun 6, 2020 9:48 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 6, 2020 11:04 AM

Adiemidd wrote:

I have over 3000 songs on my iPad iTunes library but can’t seem to transfer these to my iTunes library on my iPhone XR? Any ideas please. If I try to transfer them to library on PC it suggests that anything on iPad will be removed???

You don't sync 2 iOS devices with each other. They each sync to a Mac or PC.

It sounds like you iPad was synced with a different PC than your phone. If the music on your iPad is important to you, you will need to find the PC it was synced with. That is where your music is accessible to move around and possibly sync it with your phone..

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 6, 2020 11:04 AM in response to Adiemidd

Adiemidd wrote:

You don't sync 2 iOS devices with each other. They each sync to a Mac or PC.

It sounds like you iPad was synced with a different PC than your phone. If the music on your iPad is important to you, you will need to find the PC it was synced with. That is where your music is accessible to move around and possibly sync it with your phone..

Transfer iTunes library from iPad to iPhone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.