Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple and Google deliver support for unwanted tracking alerts in iOS and Android. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My iPhone NEVER gives me the Red Hang-up Button after the Lock-screen during a call

My iphone NEVER gives me the RED Hang-up Button after the Lock-screen during a call

(while using speaker phone because I have to keep my phone at least a foot from my pacer with a pacemaker)

I am left waiting for the other person to hang-up or fumble through buttons other than the Touch-screen--where it is supposed to be available!

This and many more---things we just have to live with I guess...I heard the top button on the right side will end it, but why is the "CALL APP"~~>> DROPPING THE BALL?

Well, one day the Artificial Intelligence will be Smart Enough to Help us...for now we got each other. :)

[Edited by Moderator]

Posted on Jul 26, 2022 8:02 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 26, 2022 8:09 AM

Windows_10_iTunes_iPhone_Suck wrote:

Why Does APPLE Not Have a FIX for Why Deleting JUNK goes into the TRASH with Legitimate deleted emails?

Where else do you think it should go? Why does it matter? Trash is trash. When you put paper in your recycling bin, do you separate the legitimate magazines you read but are now getting rid of from the junk mail and catalogs that are still being sent to the previous resident?

On a side note, my iphone NEVER gives me the RED Hang-up Button after the Lock-screen during a call
(while using speaker phone because I have to keep my phone at least a foot from my pacer with a pacemaker)
I am left waiting for the other person to hang-up or fumble through buttons other than the Touch-screen--where it is supposed to be available!

Use the power button on the side of the phone. Easey-peasy.

Apple doesn't read here in this user-to-user forum for feedback or suggestions. You can, however, let them know what you'd like to see here:

Product Feedback - Apple

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 26, 2022 8:09 AM in response to Windows_10_iTunes_iPhone_Suck

Windows_10_iTunes_iPhone_Suck wrote:

Why Does APPLE Not Have a FIX for Why Deleting JUNK goes into the TRASH with Legitimate deleted emails?

Where else do you think it should go? Why does it matter? Trash is trash. When you put paper in your recycling bin, do you separate the legitimate magazines you read but are now getting rid of from the junk mail and catalogs that are still being sent to the previous resident?

On a side note, my iphone NEVER gives me the RED Hang-up Button after the Lock-screen during a call

Use the power button on the side of the phone. Easey-peasy.

Apple doesn't read here in this user-to-user forum for feedback or suggestions. You can, however, let them know what you'd like to see here:

Product Feedback - Apple

Jul 29, 2022 11:55 AM in response to IdrisSeabright

IdrisSeabright

Thanks! And I was already using the side power button "when the phone would lose the Hangup Icon."

It would be nice if my thumb print that unlocks my phone would re-awaken the actual screen instead of blindly hanging up using a 'secondary method' workaround.

I have a pacemaker and use a cell gooseneck stand for all of my calls so my experience is a lot different than your typical users. and it never used to lose the button before~~Updates? I don't Know. My cynicism is from the new paradigm of multi-Million/Billion dollar companies letting their customers do their support work. I'm 50 and I remember when a phone call for 10 to 30 minutes FIXED Everything! Now we live with "flawed functionality" electronics...and no company oversight. Hiding behind a wall of mouse-clicks and phone menu labyrinths. :)

ALSO: Looks like the moderator cut off my side-note about "the Gmail Spam going into trash"

(forcing double efforts from the iphone)

I just wished the phone while using the Gmail App through (iphone MAIL) "would function in the same manner" as the computer access to Gmail.

On a computer in Gmail: If you have SPAM and delete it--it is gone--evaporated!

On an iPhone in Gmail: If you have SPAM and delete it--it mixes them in with the legitimate trash folder.

(that creates the problem of forcing a re-scrutinization of 'illegitimate spam' shuffled into the legitimate trash emails)

When looking for an old email you want to undelete...the potential is hitting a spam link accidentally and being compromised.

In short: it is a Security Risk

My iPhone NEVER gives me the Red Hang-up Button after the Lock-screen during a call

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.