Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to remove iPhone passcode, if I don't have the iPhone anymore?

how to eliminate iPhone passcode, I don't have the iPhone anymore

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

Posted on Jul 26, 2022 2:53 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 26, 2022 4:45 PM

If you want to eliminate the passcode, you need to erase the phone before removing it from your account.

1. In Find My iPhone on iCloud.com, click All Devices, then select the device you want to erase.
  2. If you don’t see All Devices, it’s because you’ve already selected a device. Click the name of the current device in the center of the toolbar to access the Devices list, then select a new device.
  3. Erase the device.
  4. Because the device isn’t lost, don’t enter a phone number or message.
  5. If the device is offline, the remote erase begins the next time it’s online. You receive an email when the device is erased.
  6. When the device is erased, click Remove from Account.
  7. All your content is erased, and someone else can now activate the device.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 26, 2022 4:45 PM in response to aprilgg

If you want to eliminate the passcode, you need to erase the phone before removing it from your account.

1. In Find My iPhone on iCloud.com, click All Devices, then select the device you want to erase.
  2. If you don’t see All Devices, it’s because you’ve already selected a device. Click the name of the current device in the center of the toolbar to access the Devices list, then select a new device.
  3. Erase the device.
  4. Because the device isn’t lost, don’t enter a phone number or message.
  5. If the device is offline, the remote erase begins the next time it’s online. You receive an email when the device is erased.
  6. When the device is erased, click Remove from Account.
  7. All your content is erased, and someone else can now activate the device.

How to remove iPhone passcode, if I don't have the iPhone anymore?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.