Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Share battery percentage

can I share my battery percentage or to be exact can my iPhone automatically message select person to notify them that I have a low battery?

iPhone 12 Pro

Posted on Jul 26, 2022 4:04 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 26, 2022 4:29 PM

You can set up automations from when your device has low battery using the Shortcuts app.

Enable or disable a personal automation in Shortcuts on iPhone or iPad - Apple Support

In the Shortcuts app, tap the Automations tab at the bottom, then create a new personal automation. Scroll down and find Battery Level, then select when your device falls below whatever percentage you choose, such as 20%.

When asking what actions you'd like to run, select "Send Message." If you don't see this anywhere, use the Search bar to find the Messages actions. Select what you'd like to say, then select your recipient(s). You can also add other actions, such as automatically turning on Low Power Mode.

Tap Next, then de-select "Ask Before Running." By unchecking this box, your iPhone will send a message without asking you first. If you'd prefer it ask every time, leave this box checked.

By following these steps, your iPhone will notify whoever you choose that your device is running low on battery via text message. If you decide later that you don't want to notify this person anymore, you can go back into the Shortcuts app and swipe to delete this automation.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 26, 2022 4:29 PM in response to shaden276

You can set up automations from when your device has low battery using the Shortcuts app.

Enable or disable a personal automation in Shortcuts on iPhone or iPad - Apple Support

In the Shortcuts app, tap the Automations tab at the bottom, then create a new personal automation. Scroll down and find Battery Level, then select when your device falls below whatever percentage you choose, such as 20%.

When asking what actions you'd like to run, select "Send Message." If you don't see this anywhere, use the Search bar to find the Messages actions. Select what you'd like to say, then select your recipient(s). You can also add other actions, such as automatically turning on Low Power Mode.

Tap Next, then de-select "Ask Before Running." By unchecking this box, your iPhone will send a message without asking you first. If you'd prefer it ask every time, leave this box checked.

By following these steps, your iPhone will notify whoever you choose that your device is running low on battery via text message. If you decide later that you don't want to notify this person anymore, you can go back into the Shortcuts app and swipe to delete this automation.

Share battery percentage

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.