Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Family sharing/screen time not working at all

I’m incredibly frustrated because I just purchased two new ipad with the expectation that I could set them up to safely be used by my two young boys. I’ve been at this for hours and have gotten nowhere. The “ask to buy” feature does not send me any notifications (and I’ve checked and checked), so I frustratingly had to turn it off to download any apps for them. I cannot set up any contacts for them via my phone, they don’t save on my phone, and they never push to the ipad devices. Every time I go into settings>My name>Family sharing> child’s name> Screen time> Childs name> Communication limits, NONE of the contacts I’ve entered are there. I’ve tried to add contacts 5 times

I also cannot access the Touch ID or Ipad passcode to add their fingerprints or change the passcode to something easier for them to remember.

I’m about ready to quit and return the iPad’s. Someone please help

iPhone 13 Pro Max, iOS 15

Posted on Jul 26, 2022 8:15 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 27, 2022 5:35 AM

If Ask to Buy isn't working If Ask to Buy isn't working - Apple Support

It may be something like the device simply isn't connecting to iCloud to update all this information.

Try signing out of your account and back in again.

Try restarting your device.

Contact Apple and ask if they can tell you what this means, particularly if you see it repeatedly over a day or so:

Click here --> Choose your country or region - Official Apple Support Select your country, then a product. If you don't see one that handles your issue then keep experimenting with selections until you reach one that gets you a chat session or a telephone call and get the representative to redirect you.

or:

"See a list of Apple phone numbers around the world."

Click here --> Contact Apple for support and service - Apple Support

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 27, 2022 5:35 AM in response to beej1254

If Ask to Buy isn't working If Ask to Buy isn't working - Apple Support

It may be something like the device simply isn't connecting to iCloud to update all this information.

Try signing out of your account and back in again.

Try restarting your device.

Contact Apple and ask if they can tell you what this means, particularly if you see it repeatedly over a day or so:

Click here --> Choose your country or region - Official Apple Support Select your country, then a product. If you don't see one that handles your issue then keep experimenting with selections until you reach one that gets you a chat session or a telephone call and get the representative to redirect you.

or:

"See a list of Apple phone numbers around the world."

Click here --> Contact Apple for support and service - Apple Support

Family sharing/screen time not working at all

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.