Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Up Next

I just got Apple TV Plus. I've been wanting to watch Gaslit with Julia Roberts; however, when I click on it to watch the series, I get a screen saying something about Up Next, but I'm unable to watch the show. Some shows I click on, they open right up away. I don't get it. Do I have to put the show/movie into Up Next somehow in order to watch it? Very confusing. On the brink of canceling my subscription because of this. I have Fire TV, but, as I've said, I have downloaded the Apple app. and have paid for a subscription. Is it because I can't watch Apple TV on my Fire TV or something? I just don't get what is happening. I have friends who have Roku and they have the Apple TV subscription and they aren't having a problem like mine. Any ideas on why this is?

Posted on Jul 26, 2022 8:44 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 27, 2022 4:21 AM

With the Apple TV app on your smart TV or third party streaming device, you can access:

Your Apple TV+ subscription covers the Apple Originals (Apple produced content and Apple exclusive content). Other content in the Apple TV app will have to be paid for separately.

Gaslit is on Starz, not on Apple TV+. You can get Starz content through the Apple TV app as in-app Channel.

Gaslit is also available on Philo, Hulu, and Prime Video (in-app channel Starz).

Unfortunately, at this time, the Apple TV app on Fire TV doesn’t support in-app transactions. You will have to do the subscribing/​buying/​renting on a different supported device. Once that is done, then you may watch it on Fire TV.

2. On Amazon Fire TV, Android TV, and Sony TV devices, you can't purchase content from the Apple TV app. You can buy, rent, or subscribe on another supported device and then watch in the Apple TV app on your Amazon Fire TV, Android TV, or Sony TV device. [2]

About Apple TV+ - Apple

Apple Originals - Apple TV+ Press

List of Apple TV+ original programming (episodic/series) - Wikipedia

List of Apple TV+ original films - Wikipedia

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 27, 2022 4:21 AM in response to darline44

With the Apple TV app on your smart TV or third party streaming device, you can access:

Your Apple TV+ subscription covers the Apple Originals (Apple produced content and Apple exclusive content). Other content in the Apple TV app will have to be paid for separately.

Gaslit is on Starz, not on Apple TV+. You can get Starz content through the Apple TV app as in-app Channel.

Gaslit is also available on Philo, Hulu, and Prime Video (in-app channel Starz).

Unfortunately, at this time, the Apple TV app on Fire TV doesn’t support in-app transactions. You will have to do the subscribing/​buying/​renting on a different supported device. Once that is done, then you may watch it on Fire TV.

2. On Amazon Fire TV, Android TV, and Sony TV devices, you can't purchase content from the Apple TV app. You can buy, rent, or subscribe on another supported device and then watch in the Apple TV app on your Amazon Fire TV, Android TV, or Sony TV device. [2]

About Apple TV+ - Apple

Apple Originals - Apple TV+ Press

List of Apple TV+ original programming (episodic/series) - Wikipedia

List of Apple TV+ original films - Wikipedia

Up Next

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.