Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to repaire my 2020 Apple Watch SE display that popped off out of nowhere

Hi,

My Apple watch SE display just popped open while writing an email sitting on my desk. It turned off immediately. Apple said there is no warranty on it anymore that would cover it, and to repaire it would be over 250 dollars. You can imagine my disappointment, especially since I always take good care of it. ( I didn't even take a shower with it.)

Does anyone know how to repaire the watch? For example, can it be glued back on?

The watch is otherwise in excellent condition, no scratches or any other physical damage, and it worked flawlessly until the display just popped off without any outside force.

Apple Watch Series 1, watchOS 6

Posted on Jul 27, 2022 3:36 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 27, 2022 4:25 AM

it's usually an expanding battery that cause this

if that is the case one will need a new battery

watch Service Pricing - Apple Support

2 replies

Jul 28, 2022 7:06 AM in response to TGMusic

Experienced the same. Suddenly a clicking sound was heard, and the display was off...No expanded battery and nothing to see, but it could not be repaired. The watch was 2 1/2 years old so nothing to do. By the retailer I got the possibility to get a new similar one for $ 517 (Iwatch 5, steel case)-

Is there others that has this experience or are we two unfortunate ones?????

I believe that we should be able to wear the watch under training conditions, tennis and playing golf.

How to repaire my 2020 Apple Watch SE display that popped off out of nowhere

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.