Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

What happens when the screen shot transfers to a file too small to send in an email?

Can anyone tell me how to fix the screenshot image from being TOO Small!

iMac 21.5″ 4K, macOS 11.6

Posted on Jul 27, 2022 11:27 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 27, 2022 11:59 AM

When sending a screen shot, the Mail app should offer an Image size dropdown for your to select the size of the attached image.

Choose a larger size than the default or Actual Size to send it as is without any changes. do note most email severs do not support attachments larger than 10MB. You may need to select a smaller size.

Similar questions

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 27, 2022 11:59 AM in response to Tookleen

When sending a screen shot, the Mail app should offer an Image size dropdown for your to select the size of the attached image.

Choose a larger size than the default or Actual Size to send it as is without any changes. do note most email severs do not support attachments larger than 10MB. You may need to select a smaller size.

Sep 10, 2022 11:07 AM in response to Phil0124

I have a number of Draft emails ( using Mail app and on icloud.com ) saved in my dock, and all had a screenshot images in "actual size. " After a reboot, my MacBook Air 2013 ( Mojave ) changed all the photos in the draft emails to small . The draft email does not give me a dropdown option to change the image size. Any suggestion to get images back to actual size?

What happens when the screen shot transfers to a file too small to send in an email?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.