Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Blurry screenshots after emailed

I've read every other post about this, but none were a fix. I do shift-command-4 add to desktop then either drag or insert the file to my email in "Mail". A ctr-shift-command-4 sends it to clipboard; that doesn't work either. If I send it out to myself or to someone else, neither can read it. Too blurry. Frustrated that I'm the only one having this problem

iMac 24″, macOS 13.3

Posted on Apr 11, 2023 5:27 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 12, 2023 10:10 AM

Thanks Keith! I put in a ticket yesterday after I sent this. They just called. So it was that the Image size in the header that was set to small. I didn't see this. Actually never even noticed it ! Not sure how it got changed in the first place. Pictures are worth a thousand words! Hopefully someone else new to apple will see this and be able to fix on their own.

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 12, 2023 10:10 AM in response to Keith Barkley

Thanks Keith! I put in a ticket yesterday after I sent this. They just called. So it was that the Image size in the header that was set to small. I didn't see this. Actually never even noticed it ! Not sure how it got changed in the first place. Pictures are worth a thousand words! Hopefully someone else new to apple will see this and be able to fix on their own.

Apr 12, 2023 6:34 AM in response to Renee_McKibben

Since a screenshot is a direct copy of the pixels, it is hard for it to be "blurry"

It is is more likely that it is being reduced in size such that the resolution is destroyed.

Use Preview to take a screenshot. Save the jpeg. What is the image size and the number of pixels? Compare to the info in one of the emailed screenshots. Fewer pixels? Less quality?

Blurry screenshots after emailed

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.