Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Do I have to cancell my 50 mb cloud storage to join our family sharing plan?

Posted on Jul 27, 2022 3:05 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 27, 2022 3:10 PM

No. See the information in Share iCloud+ with your family - Apple Support including the following:

If a family member is already paying for their own iCloud+ plan, they can choose to switch to your plan or keep their own and still remain part of the family. When they switch to the shared family plan, they get a refund for the remainder of their personal plan. They can't keep their current plan and use the shared family plan at the same time.

Note that the plan must be shared as described in the "Share iCloud+ with everyone in your family" section of the above support article and that you must switch as described in the "Switch from your iCloud+ plan to your family plan" section.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 27, 2022 3:10 PM in response to Auswatch

No. See the information in Share iCloud+ with your family - Apple Support including the following:

If a family member is already paying for their own iCloud+ plan, they can choose to switch to your plan or keep their own and still remain part of the family. When they switch to the shared family plan, they get a refund for the remainder of their personal plan. They can't keep their current plan and use the shared family plan at the same time.

Note that the plan must be shared as described in the "Share iCloud+ with everyone in your family" section of the above support article and that you must switch as described in the "Switch from your iCloud+ plan to your family plan" section.

Jul 29, 2022 10:09 AM in response to FoxFifth

A member of my family is sharing I-cloud storage, when I click on I-cloud storage on my phone it has the option to stop using family sharing, indicating I am using it, but when I go to storage on my phone it says I'm using 50 of 50, which is the plan I was paying for previously, my phone has stopped backing up becouse storage is full.

Even though family sharing says I'm using it, I'm clearly NOT using it????

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.