Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I cancel my iCloud storage plan and use shared family storage instead?

I cannot seem to see an option to cancel the 200gb plan without losing my data.

I would like make use of the 2TB family plan available instead that I pay on my friend’s account.

Posted on Sep 12, 2022 3:53 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 12, 2022 3:57 PM

Click here and follow the instructions.

(224664)

10 replies

Sep 12, 2022 5:38 PM in response to Captainobanda

The link posted by Niel specifically answers your question. You need to select the shared storage as explained there.

On your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch 

In iOS 16 or iPadOS 16 later:

1. Go to Settings > Family.
  2. Tap Subscriptions.
  3. Tap iCloud+.
  4. Tap Use Family Storage.

In iOS 15 or iPadOS 15 or earlier:

1. Go to Settings > [your name].
  2. Tap Family Sharing, then tap iCloud+.
  3. Tap Use Family Storage. 

Sep 12, 2022 5:54 PM in response to Captainobanda

No. It applies to other family members, not the owner of the storage subscription.

The owner of the storage already has access to it directly, they don’t need to do that.

Only the other family members need to do that.

Captainobanda wrote:

How do I do the switch as on my phone both show???

Follow the steps there, and select the shared storage from the Family Sharing section as explained.

Sep 13, 2022 7:11 AM in response to Captainobanda

Captainobanda wrote:

I understand all this but how do I cancel the 200gb personal subscription? It is not giving me the option to cancel and solely use the family sharing. That is what I’m trying to explain to you

The plan should have canceled automatically when you chose to use the Family Shared storage and you would get a refund for the remainder ion your plan that went unused:

"When they switch to the shared family plan, they get a refund for the remainder of their personal plan. They can't keep their current plan and use the shared family plan at the same time."

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.