Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Downloading an earlier version of iTunes after uninstalling the latest version

I recently uninstalled the latest version of iTunes, and did it as advised, and no longer have any of the components on my laptop, apart from my actual folder with the tunes in it.

Is it safe to go ahead and install an earlier version of iTunes on my windows laptop, if I get the following message:

One or more users on this computer have installed iTunes from the Microsoft Store. iTunes may not run correctly after this installation. Do you want to continue?

Windows, Windows 10

Posted on Jul 27, 2022 2:45 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 28, 2022 8:07 AM

This is user to user support forum. Apple don't maintain a record of your installations. Windows logging might show something but I've no idea how you might go about locating the relevant events. See Troubleshooting issues with iTunes for Windows updates - Apple Community for advice on removing and reinstalling iTunes. Links to recent builds can be found at the very bottom of the page. You need iTunes 12.7.2.58 or better to work with the iTunes Store.

tt2

Similar questions

7 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 28, 2022 8:07 AM in response to rose-pose

This is user to user support forum. Apple don't maintain a record of your installations. Windows logging might show something but I've no idea how you might go about locating the relevant events. See Troubleshooting issues with iTunes for Windows updates - Apple Community for advice on removing and reinstalling iTunes. Links to recent builds can be found at the very bottom of the page. You need iTunes 12.7.2.58 or better to work with the iTunes Store.

tt2

Jul 28, 2022 7:48 AM in response to turingtest2

Thank you. If ever I downloaded iTunes from the Microsoft store, it would have been years ago on another laptop. My recent downloads on my current laptop, have been via iTunes/Apple. I have rebooted my laptop, but now I need to try and find out which version of iTunes I was running prior to downloading the current one on the 14th July. I believe that the previous one was downloaded possibly on the 12th June, and I am certain is wasn't any of the 12 versions. I was hoping Apple could see my history of which version I was running, or even the one prior to this, which was a much older one. And where can I find these older versions via Apple?

Downloading an earlier version of iTunes after uninstalling the latest version

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.