Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I stop email autofill when completing forms/sign-ons on my iPhone or MacBook Air

Whenever I'm asked to submit a username that contains my email address it double adds the email address...I can type my email address up to the period for .com and nothing happens. However, when I type the period, it adds my email for a second time and then I have to go back and erase the duplicate letters/numbers. Here is what it would look like... mickey_mouse@gmail.commickey_mouse@gmail.com.

I've tried clicking on the blue hyperlink, but rather than competing my email, it does nothing. Most the time I don't see the hyperlink so both emails are entered. How can I turn this off? I see instructions for Safari, but I never use safari...I use Google.

iPhone 12 Pro

Posted on Jul 27, 2022 4:12 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 28, 2022 1:58 PM

Hey there, DaisyRoooo! 

Thank you for posting in Apple Support Communities.

It’s possible that there is a text replacement set up to automatically enter your email address after entering a certain key combination. To check, follow the steps found here and see if there are any set up that might cause this: Save keystrokes with text replacements on iPhone - Apple Support

Kindest regards. 

Similar questions

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 28, 2022 1:58 PM in response to DaisyRoooo

Hey there, DaisyRoooo! 

Thank you for posting in Apple Support Communities.

It’s possible that there is a text replacement set up to automatically enter your email address after entering a certain key combination. To check, follow the steps found here and see if there are any set up that might cause this: Save keystrokes with text replacements on iPhone - Apple Support

Kindest regards. 

How do I stop email autofill when completing forms/sign-ons on my iPhone or MacBook Air

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.