Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

disable remote management

I recently purchased my MacBook Pro from my former employer. It was remotely managed. I was told that doing a factory reset would disable the remote management but that has turned out to not be the case. I went through the factory reset but am now unable to configure the comuter because it is still being remotely managed and I can not connect to that server.

Is there any way that I can disable remote management even though everything has been wiped from the computer? I have moved away so going to the building is not an ideal option. They also do not currently have an IT professional that I can contact.

MacBook Pro

Posted on Jul 27, 2022 4:48 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 28, 2022 2:09 AM

To add - Once the computer Serial Number has been registered with the Remote Management Service ( MDM ) even erasing the the hard drive will not solve the issue.

The only ways to solve this issue

1 - Return the unit to the previous Owner for full refund

2 - Have the Previous Owner Remove the Serial Number for the MDM Service database.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 28, 2022 2:09 AM in response to cgerbs

To add - Once the computer Serial Number has been registered with the Remote Management Service ( MDM ) even erasing the the hard drive will not solve the issue.

The only ways to solve this issue

1 - Return the unit to the previous Owner for full refund

2 - Have the Previous Owner Remove the Serial Number for the MDM Service database.

disable remote management

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.