Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I need to disable remote management-2

How to DISABLE REMOTE MANAGEMENT???

Saw this post b4, but had no answers that worked- please HELP!!!

Hi,

I bought a new MacBook Pro and had it shipped to me. My company has an account with Apple and we use it to buy our equipment at a small discount.

I received my new computer and booted it, expecting to get the usual workflow that includes an option to restore from a Time Machine backup, which I have.

Instead, I was halted at a screen that says "Remote Management" telling me that my computer was controlled by the administrator of my company.

The problem is that *I* am the owner of the company and the only person who would be such an administrator, and I never set up or requested any such service.

How do I disable or bypass this and get it back to being a normal MacBook?

Posted on Nov 25, 2022 7:09 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 26, 2022 5:49 PM

You need to contact your company's IT department to have them remove your laptop from their MDM. Only your company's IT department can do this for you.

FYI, purchasing a Mac this way is very risky for you because if you end up locking yourself out of the Mac, you are not the registered owner according to Apple since your company actually purchased the Mac on your behalf so you won't be able to prove you are the legitimate owner of that Mac when trying to get the Mac unlocked. You will always need to resort to your company's IT department for assistance. This might not be a problem while you are still an employee, but it will be an issue if you ever leave the company.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 26, 2022 5:49 PM in response to ronfromsantacruz

You need to contact your company's IT department to have them remove your laptop from their MDM. Only your company's IT department can do this for you.

FYI, purchasing a Mac this way is very risky for you because if you end up locking yourself out of the Mac, you are not the registered owner according to Apple since your company actually purchased the Mac on your behalf so you won't be able to prove you are the legitimate owner of that Mac when trying to get the Mac unlocked. You will always need to resort to your company's IT department for assistance. This might not be a problem while you are still an employee, but it will be an issue if you ever leave the company.

I need to disable remote management-2

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.