Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to change iCloud email address?

Hi,

I've changed my Apple ID but iCloud email address couldn't be changed. Is there any way to change iCloud Email Address? Thanks a lot~

Posted on Jul 27, 2022 6:55 PM

2 replies

Jul 28, 2022 3:23 PM in response to lamiawon

Hi there lamiawon,

Thank you for posting to Apple Support Communities.

See here: Add and manage email aliases for iCloud Mail on iCloud.com

You can’t delete or turn off a primary iCloud Mail address. You can’t use an alias to create a separate Apple ID, and an email alias can’t be converted to a primary iCloud Mail address.

That should answer your question.

Take care.

Sep 7, 2022 2:35 PM in response to Matthew_J5

Where I'm coming from here is that my default icloud.com email address is not my primary Apple ID email address and I'd love to change it's name due to the severe lack of control offered in being able to productively manage spam. My 20th century email provider can do better than that in allowing me to actively block / allow by domains or report spam (which is what it takes in some cases).

The thing is I've never ever used this email address to communicate with the outside world yet it suddenly started getting spam. This leaves me suspecting whether Apple Pay routinely shares (or should I say exposes) email information with on the spot retail transactions. To the point that it is only a matter of time before you encounter a less scrupulous vendor or POS supplier ends up sharing it with anyone! I could simply remove the account from the email apps on my devices, but I expected better here really.

How to change iCloud email address?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.