Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

if i have a little amount of photos, why are they taking up so much storage?

so, i have an iphone 13 pro max, 128 gb. and a few days ago, i checked storage and my photos are taking up almost 70gb, and this is very odd, considering i only have 17k photos and videos which may seem a lot to you, but i digress. does anyone know how to fix this?

iPhone 13 Pro Max, iOS 15

Posted on Jul 27, 2022 7:28 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 27, 2022 8:10 PM

estroymya Said:

"if i have a little amount of photos, why are they taking up so much storage?: so, i have an iphone 13 pro max, 128 gb. and a few days ago, i checked storage and my photos are taking up almost 70gb, and this is very odd, considering i only have 17k photos and videos which may seem a lot to you, but i digress. does anyone know how to fix this?"

-------

Thank you for the screenshot.

Troubleshooting iCloud Photo Storage:

This seems plausible, and highly-likely. 3 hour videos can be around 3-4 GBs. One high-resolution photo can be up top 4MBs. So, 1,000 of those photos would be 4GBs. So, do all the math, and you'd see how it would add up. It makes send when you have so many items. So, to fix it, download it all to an external device. See here: Download iCloud Photos and Videos - Apple Support

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 27, 2022 8:10 PM in response to destroymya

estroymya Said:

"if i have a little amount of photos, why are they taking up so much storage?: so, i have an iphone 13 pro max, 128 gb. and a few days ago, i checked storage and my photos are taking up almost 70gb, and this is very odd, considering i only have 17k photos and videos which may seem a lot to you, but i digress. does anyone know how to fix this?"

-------

Thank you for the screenshot.

Troubleshooting iCloud Photo Storage:

This seems plausible, and highly-likely. 3 hour videos can be around 3-4 GBs. One high-resolution photo can be up top 4MBs. So, 1,000 of those photos would be 4GBs. So, do all the math, and you'd see how it would add up. It makes send when you have so many items. So, to fix it, download it all to an external device. See here: Download iCloud Photos and Videos - Apple Support

if i have a little amount of photos, why are they taking up so much storage?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.