Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple and Google deliver support for unwanted tracking alerts in iOS and Android. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Iphone storage

Hey all,

My iphone 12 Pro has a memory of 128 GB but now it is full and when i check the details of the iphone storage I find that photos is taking 85 GB however I only have 10K photos and videos (the longest one is 2 minutes) and every time I delete as much photos as I can I find that it didn’t free up a considerable space (1K photos emptied 2 GB). I also have to mention that the photos app always lags and whenever I open it I have to wait around 2 minutes to start doing anything in the app.

thanks.

iPhone 12 Pro, iOS 16

Posted on Nov 27, 2022 7:43 PM

2 replies

Dec 1, 2022 3:11 PM in response to ghr165

If you check Settings > General > iPhone Storage and you find 'Other' is taking a significant amount of space, then it appears that if restarting your phone does not reduce the space used by 'Other', the only way to recover that space is to Backup and Restore your phone. Use and encrypted backup to preserve passwords and other sensitive data.

Iphone storage

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.