Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Selecting multiple songs from a search

In Music I do a search on a word and get a hundred songs. I would like to be able to select these songs, e.g. to put into a playlist or set an 'info' item for all of them. I can find no way to do this! (It was easy in iTunes.) The "Select All" menu option just selects the text of my search. In the (once upon a time) standard Mac interface, I would select one at the top, then shift select one at the bottom -- but as soon as I select one, that song alone is shown and all others disappear. Dragging the mouse over multiple selections was also a Mac-standard interface, but fails. The Apple documentation seems not to have considered the possibility that someone might wish to select multiple songs. walshyct asked essentially this question on Oct 21, 2021, but got no useful answer. (The answer given was the one that worked on iTunes, but completely fails on Music.)

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 10.14

Posted on Jul 28, 2022 4:35 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 28, 2022 5:06 AM

DP,

Search in Music is driving people nuts lately. But if you are in Songs view and use View > Show Filter Field, you will get results that behave the expected way, i.e., shift-click will select a range, CMD-click can select multiple items, and CMD-A to select all.

Similar questions

1 reply

Selecting multiple songs from a search

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.