Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Disabled iPhone 5s (I remember the Apple ID but not Password)

I purchased a new iPhone 11 for me and decided to give my old iPhone 5s to my Mom by setting up a new Apple ID. Somehow my kid entered multiple passcodes trying to unlock it and unfortunately cherry on top is that I also forgot the password of Apple ID. I remember the Apple ID but not password. Since I made multiple failed attempts to unlock the Apple ID, iPhone 5s is now disabled. I gave it to the authorised Apple store but they are asking that Apple is asking for INR 3100/- (~$39 USD) to unlock it.

Can anyone guide me on this. Thanks.

iPhone 5s

Posted on Jul 28, 2022 9:27 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 28, 2022 9:32 AM

If you forgot the Apple ID (iCloud) password, enter the Apple (iCloud) ID, and click Forgot Password. See if you can get a Rescue or Notification email option if necessary. Link to contact Apple Support at the end of the 2nd article.

Apple ID - Manage

Apple ID – Forgot Password  *      

If you have 2 Factor Authentication enabled, if you can't recover the password using the steps above, you will need to use Account Recovery. The Recovery Process is an automated process and the length of time it takes can vary a lot. Apple ID Support can only answer your questions. They can't intervene in or speed up the process. The article below has some suggestions to shorten the time the process takes.

Apple ID - Recover your Apple ID with two-factor authentication account recovery.   *

Similar questions

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 28, 2022 9:32 AM in response to iNeerajSingh

If you forgot the Apple ID (iCloud) password, enter the Apple (iCloud) ID, and click Forgot Password. See if you can get a Rescue or Notification email option if necessary. Link to contact Apple Support at the end of the 2nd article.

Apple ID - Manage

Apple ID – Forgot Password  *      

If you have 2 Factor Authentication enabled, if you can't recover the password using the steps above, you will need to use Account Recovery. The Recovery Process is an automated process and the length of time it takes can vary a lot. Apple ID Support can only answer your questions. They can't intervene in or speed up the process. The article below has some suggestions to shorten the time the process takes.

Apple ID - Recover your Apple ID with two-factor authentication account recovery.   *

Jul 28, 2022 9:32 AM in response to iNeerajSingh

First, use apples iforgot service to recover the password

1. Go to iforgot.apple.com.
  2. Enter your Apple ID. Have you forgotten your Apple ID?
  3. Select the option to reset your password, then choose Continue.
  4. Choose to answer your security questions, receive an email or enter your recovery key.* Find out what to do if you haven't received your verification or reset email
  5. Follow the onscreen steps to reset your password. 

After that, follow the instructions to enable your iPhone

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT204306

Disabled iPhone 5s (I remember the Apple ID but not Password)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.