Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I have a MacBook Air with an extensive music library, started years ago with iTunes. Can I back the library up to iCloud? If so, will I be able to access the library on my iPhone?

I have a MacBook Air with an extensive music library, started years ago with iTunes. Can I back the library up to iCloud? If so, will I be able to access the library on my iPhone?

Posted on Jul 28, 2022 12:52 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 28, 2022 5:26 PM

The short answer is yes. You can store your iTunes Library folder, just like any other file or folder, in iCloud Drive if you so choose:

Use iCloud Drive on iCloud.com - Apple Support

If so, will I be able to access the library on my iPhone?

Strictly speaking yes you can do that too, using the Files app. For example, you can tap an uploaded .mp3 file and your iPhone will play it.

However, your question seems to infer the ability to play music directly from that uploaded iTunes Library using the Music app. The answer to that question is no.

Similar questions

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 28, 2022 5:26 PM in response to QuestionsDD

The short answer is yes. You can store your iTunes Library folder, just like any other file or folder, in iCloud Drive if you so choose:

Use iCloud Drive on iCloud.com - Apple Support

If so, will I be able to access the library on my iPhone?

Strictly speaking yes you can do that too, using the Files app. For example, you can tap an uploaded .mp3 file and your iPhone will play it.

However, your question seems to infer the ability to play music directly from that uploaded iTunes Library using the Music app. The answer to that question is no.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.