Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Logitech combo touch keyboard with trackpad for IPad gen 8 stopped working

I bought this keyboard at the start of last year for school. Everything was going fine until a couple months okay this year. When I was going to study my keyboard stopped working out of nowhere. My trackpad also doesn’t work. I’ve tried powering my iPad off and taking off the keyboard, I’ve tried loads of things but nothing seems to be working. I really need it for school because it isn’t as efficient as using the touch keyboard on the iPad. This keyboard isn’t a Bluetooth and doesn’t have a charging port or anything like that, and I have no idea what to do. Can somebody please help me and tell me how to fix my keyboard.

iPad, iPadOS 15

Posted on Jul 28, 2022 8:44 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 29, 2022 1:36 AM

Your Logitech Combo Touch keyboard uses the iPad Smart Connector to connect with the Keyboard.

Detach the keyboard from the iPad case - and completely remove the iPad from its protective case. Inside the case you will see three metal contact pins - and on the back of the iPad you will find three matching contacts.

Using a soft pencil eraser, gently clean both sets of contacts. Ensure that all dust, dirt and debris from the eraser are thoroughly removed - and then reassemble the iPad with its case. The keyboard section should also have some contacts; ensure these are also clean and dust free before connecting the keyboard to the iPad case.

Hopefully your Logitech keyboard will now be working with your iPad. If not, install the Logitech Control App - as there may be a firmware update for your keyboard:

https://apps.apple.com/gb/app/logitech-control/id1497377584

Otherwise, you’ll need to contact Logitech Support for assistance - as the keyboard itself may have a fault.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 29, 2022 1:36 AM in response to anaya0

Your Logitech Combo Touch keyboard uses the iPad Smart Connector to connect with the Keyboard.

Detach the keyboard from the iPad case - and completely remove the iPad from its protective case. Inside the case you will see three metal contact pins - and on the back of the iPad you will find three matching contacts.

Using a soft pencil eraser, gently clean both sets of contacts. Ensure that all dust, dirt and debris from the eraser are thoroughly removed - and then reassemble the iPad with its case. The keyboard section should also have some contacts; ensure these are also clean and dust free before connecting the keyboard to the iPad case.

Hopefully your Logitech keyboard will now be working with your iPad. If not, install the Logitech Control App - as there may be a firmware update for your keyboard:

https://apps.apple.com/gb/app/logitech-control/id1497377584

Otherwise, you’ll need to contact Logitech Support for assistance - as the keyboard itself may have a fault.

Logitech combo touch keyboard with trackpad for IPad gen 8 stopped working

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.