Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

The headset jack point and right side USB Port of my MacBook Pro (Retina, 15-inch, Mid 2015) is not working. Sony recording and cellphone headsets tried. There is no Apple maintenance place in my country. Can anyone suggest, how do I fix it?

The headset jack point and right side USB Port of my MacBook Pro (Retina, 15-inch, Mid 2015) is not working. Sony recording and cellphone headsets tried. There is no Apple maintenance place in my country. Can anyone suggest, how do I fix it?

MacBook Pro 15″, OS X 10.11

Posted on Jul 28, 2022 11:06 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 29, 2022 2:31 AM

I suggest you try a different headset ... actually as many as you can and other types of devices. The problem may be the port, but it can also be the accessory device.

As to no repair location, that's unfortunate. You can ship your Mac to be repaired but that may not be a viable solution either. This user community cannot deal with any kind of lack of resources situation.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 29, 2022 2:31 AM in response to MPI_1709

I suggest you try a different headset ... actually as many as you can and other types of devices. The problem may be the port, but it can also be the accessory device.

As to no repair location, that's unfortunate. You can ship your Mac to be repaired but that may not be a viable solution either. This user community cannot deal with any kind of lack of resources situation.

Jul 28, 2022 11:11 PM in response to MPI_1709

As per referred article, my MacBook model is not mentioned in the list below. So, it should be able to run with any headsets- Compatible Mac computers

These Mac computers support high-impedence headphones with the built-in headphone jack:

• MacBook Air (M2, 2022)
  • MacBook Pro (13-inch, M2, 2022)
  • MacBook Pro (14-inch, 2021)
  • MacBook Pro (16-inch, 2021)
  • Mac Studio (2022)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.