Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

usb c headphone not detected on macos ventura

I was using USB c headphones (Google Pixel Usb c wired headphones) on my 2020 M1 MacBook Pro for more than a year now. It is not detecting this headphone since I upgraded the OS to Ventura.

When inserting the headphone, it flashes a window, but not able to read or understand what it is, it goes away in a split of second.

I checked the headphone on another device and is working

Please help to fix this issue

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 13.0

Posted on Nov 1, 2022 8:33 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 1, 2022 4:36 PM

Make sure the macOS Security & Privacy Settings (aka System Preferences) has the Privacy options allowing macOS to access the headphones:

Control access to the microphone on Mac - Apple Support

If the headphones also include a Microphone, then you will need to make sure that is allowed as well.

Do these headphone require any third party software from the manufacturer so they can be used with macOS? If so, then you may need to install a later version of the manufacturer's software.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 1, 2022 4:36 PM in response to ajith-varghese

Make sure the macOS Security & Privacy Settings (aka System Preferences) has the Privacy options allowing macOS to access the headphones:

Control access to the microphone on Mac - Apple Support

If the headphones also include a Microphone, then you will need to make sure that is allowed as well.

Do these headphone require any third party software from the manufacturer so they can be used with macOS? If so, then you may need to install a later version of the manufacturer's software.

usb c headphone not detected on macos ventura

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.