Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

QuickTime player menu bar

I am trying to screen record in QuickTime. I would like to get the menu bar up in QuickTime visible i.e. icons that include the stop recording button. I can't find them on my Mac? I've seen them used on a tutorial but nothing has been said about the method of getting them visible. I've read through QT tutorial guides but nothing alludes to this?

Anyone?

MacBook Pro 15″, macOS 10.15

Posted on Jul 29, 2022 12:12 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 29, 2022 7:16 AM

when you click on QT in your applications folder, or anywhere else you are clicking on it, it then opens and the controls appear in the QT "file" menu.

or you can use the "shift-command-5" keyboard shortcut and get a different (but similar) set of options for screen recordings / screenshots.

and if you click "options" in those controls, you can set where you want to save the recording as well as additional parameters. of you want to use the same options each time you launch a screen recording, make sure to select "Remember Last Selection"

and once you launch a recording, a "stop button" will appear on your menubar.

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 29, 2022 7:16 AM in response to geraldinejapan

when you click on QT in your applications folder, or anywhere else you are clicking on it, it then opens and the controls appear in the QT "file" menu.

or you can use the "shift-command-5" keyboard shortcut and get a different (but similar) set of options for screen recordings / screenshots.

and if you click "options" in those controls, you can set where you want to save the recording as well as additional parameters. of you want to use the same options each time you launch a screen recording, make sure to select "Remember Last Selection"

and once you launch a recording, a "stop button" will appear on your menubar.

QuickTime player menu bar

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.