Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Want to Sync Music to iPhone without Updating MacOS

I'm running MacOS Mojave and have an iPhone Xs, software 15.4. Since I updated my phone's software, I have been unable to sync my music to my iTunes library . When I plug in the phone to my iMac, iTunes says I must update my OS or it won't let me connect the phone to iTunes. My phone's OS is up to date, so it seems like telling me I have to update to Catalina, which I DO NOT want to do. (I run a couple of other programs on here that don't work with Catalina.) I have the latest version on iTunes (12.9.5). I followed an earlier post that resolved the problem by updating iTunes. I don't see where there is a later version of iTunes available. Is there anything else I should try?

iMac 27″, macOS 10.14

Posted on Jul 29, 2022 7:07 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 29, 2022 7:18 AM

What is the exact text of the prompt that you see? If I'm not mistaken you need a patch to your current OS/iTunes to allow it to access your device. It isn't an attempt to upgrade macOS to Catalina or later.

tt2

5 replies

Want to Sync Music to iPhone without Updating MacOS

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.