Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone 7 on iOS 15 not showing in old iTunes

Hello everyone.

I have an iPhone 7 which I upgraded to iOS 15.1 from iOS 14.8. Since the upgrade I cannot sync it with my iTunes (Version 12.8.2.3) in my Mac Mini 2009 that runs El Capitan 10.11.6. Therefore, I have not been able to transfer my music library to my phone.

Has anybody else come with this issue and what are the possible solutions to it.

Thanks.

iPhone 7, iOS 15

Posted on Dec 5, 2021 9:44 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 7, 2021 11:40 AM

Hey there!

Thank you for updating us. It's great that you were able to test multiple computers with your iPhone. From here, we'd like to suggest that you install a specific version of iTunes, which is iTunes 12.8.2. The link for the update can be found below:

Download iTunes 12.8.3 for Mac

You'll see the option for that specific download listed at the bottom "10.11 and 10.12 users download iTunes 12.8.1 here". Click not he "here" in blue. Once the installation is complete, install any pending updates that might be available and test to see if that helps. If you continue to experience the same issue, you might want to consider reaching out to Apple Support for additional help. Just in case, you can use the link below to reach them:

Get Support - Apple

Thanks for using Apple Support Communities. Best of luck.

Similar questions

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 7, 2021 11:40 AM in response to aedav

Hey there!

Thank you for updating us. It's great that you were able to test multiple computers with your iPhone. From here, we'd like to suggest that you install a specific version of iTunes, which is iTunes 12.8.2. The link for the update can be found below:

Download iTunes 12.8.3 for Mac

You'll see the option for that specific download listed at the bottom "10.11 and 10.12 users download iTunes 12.8.1 here". Click not he "here" in blue. Once the installation is complete, install any pending updates that might be available and test to see if that helps. If you continue to experience the same issue, you might want to consider reaching out to Apple Support for additional help. Just in case, you can use the link below to reach them:

Get Support - Apple

Thanks for using Apple Support Communities. Best of luck.

Dec 6, 2021 9:36 AM in response to aedav

Hello aedav.

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities and for sharing these details with us. You mentioned that your iPhone is not being recognized when connected to your computer. If so, we can understand how this would be an issue. Allow us to assist in any way we can. To confirm, is this issue only occurring with one specific computer or with all computers you try to connect to? If you restart your iPhone, do you notice any change in this behavior? Restart your iPhone - Apple Support

From here, we would like to share a helpful resource with you. Please check out the link below:

If your computer doesn't recognize your iPhone, iPad, or iPod - Apple Support

You'll want to follow all the steps listed within this specific resource. It has great steps you can try. Feel free to keep us posted on your results. Cheers.

Dec 7, 2021 12:03 PM in response to aedav

For iOS 14 you need iTunes 12.8.2.3 or better running on OS X 10.11.6 or better. See How to upgrade to OS X El Capitan - Apple Support if required. I think the same limitations apply to iOS 15.

Assuming a suitable version of iTunes is in place then in Finder use the menu item Go > Go to Folder..., copy the following text, paste it into the dialog box and press enter:

/System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/MobileDevice.framework/Versions/Current/Resources

Unlock your device and connect it to USB. Double click on MobileDeviceUpdater in the folder that has opened. It should notify you of a software update. Install it and iTunes should hopefully recognize your device.

If these steps haven't worked you can also try reinstalling iTunes12.8.2.3.dmg (El Capitan/Sierra) or iTunes12.8.3.1 (High Sierra) while your device is connected and unlocked.

tt2

Dec 7, 2021 11:23 AM in response to Vilas_S

Thank you Vilas_S for your response.

It happens only with iTunes. As a matter of fact, once I connect my iPhone the app Photos shows my iPhone correctly and the photos inside the phone. I've tried to connect to other computers with the same result.

My mac, a Mac mini (Early 2009) running El Capitan

My wife's Mac, a Mac mini (Mid 2011) running High Sierra

My office Mac, a Mac Mini (2010) running High Sierra

My sons Mac, a MacBook Pro (2020) running Big Sur. In this case it shows up in the Finder.

In all Macs, it shows up in Photos but does not show up in iTunes.

I've tried restarting my Mac and restarting my phone, but has not made any difference at all.

Thanks

iPhone 7 on iOS 15 not showing in old iTunes

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.