You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I am trying to reset the user password on my Mac Book Pro. It is not working and I can not figure out what I am doin wrong.

I am trying to reset the user password on my MacBook Pro. it is not working and I cannot figure out what I am doing wrong.

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 10.15

Posted on Jul 29, 2022 8:30 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jul 29, 2022 8:41 AM

I was getting this all too frequently, I came back and tried to log in and it refused to let me in.

You need to go into Recovery on boot (Command +R for intel) (hold down the power key for M) and reset through there.

You will see you'll need to login via your iCloud username and password to reset.

1 reply

I am trying to reset the user password on my Mac Book Pro. It is not working and I can not figure out what I am doin wrong.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.