Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to get my iTunes purchases and playlists to appear in Apple Music

I just upgraded to OS Monterey. iTunes is no longer on my computer and I cannot download it from the Apple site. My old iTunes playlists and purchases are not visible in Apple Music. How do I get them to show up? I tried playing around with changing the account info - found a thread about that, but it just popped my into the file structure of my macbook and there were multiple Itunes folders - tried a few of them and none led to having my playlists appear in Apple Music. Please help - I just want to listen to my music again!

MacBook Pro

Posted on Jul 29, 2022 11:02 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 29, 2022 2:13 PM

See What happened to iTunes? - Apple Support for background on the new apps. An upgrade should have left your old iTunes folder in place. You can press and hold down option as you launch Music to get an option to choose a library. Select your old library file, normally ~/Music/iTunes/iTunes Library.itl and select a location to save the converted library. This would normally be ~/Music/Music so you might want to rename that folder before trying to open the library.

tt2

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 29, 2022 2:13 PM in response to kpb31

See What happened to iTunes? - Apple Support for background on the new apps. An upgrade should have left your old iTunes folder in place. You can press and hold down option as you launch Music to get an option to choose a library. Select your old library file, normally ~/Music/iTunes/iTunes Library.itl and select a location to save the converted library. This would normally be ~/Music/Music so you might want to rename that folder before trying to open the library.

tt2

How to get my iTunes purchases and playlists to appear in Apple Music

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.