Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My iPhone keeps attempting data recovery and it always fails

so I forgot my iPhone passcode, so I searched up and got the result of recovering with Mac. I got my phone connected to Mac and clicked trust on finders, but my phone keeps attempting data re every and it always fails.. what should I do?

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

iPhone X, iOS 15

Posted on Jul 29, 2022 5:30 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 29, 2022 5:31 PM

If your device has iOS 15.2 or later installed, check out this link→How to reset your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch when you forgot your passcode - Apple Support. Otherwise:

See this Apple support link→If you forgot the passcode on your iPhone, or your iPhone is disabled - Apple Support

Or watch this companion video ⬇️

After restoring the phone using one of the methods above you can restore your most recent backup.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 29, 2022 5:31 PM in response to Iphone-X77

If your device has iOS 15.2 or later installed, check out this link→How to reset your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch when you forgot your passcode - Apple Support. Otherwise:

See this Apple support link→If you forgot the passcode on your iPhone, or your iPhone is disabled - Apple Support

Or watch this companion video ⬇️

After restoring the phone using one of the methods above you can restore your most recent backup.

My iPhone keeps attempting data recovery and it always fails

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.