Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone SE 2022 has no 3G option in Voice & Data menu?

Hi everyone, I've just bought an iPhone SE 3rd gen yesterday. I have not used an iOS device since the time when iPhone 4 was new, so a lot of things are new to me now.

I have been pleased with everything about the phone so far, but I can't figure out how to set it to work on 3G (H+) only. It seems this option is completely missing from the settings.

As you can see on the image I'm attaching here, the 4G network coverage is poor in my area, and 3G H+ is usually full bars, and the speeds are perfectly fine for my use. I have been able to adjust these settings on evety other phone that I've had. I am very suprised to see no 3G option here. Am I missing something?

iPhone SE, iOS 15

Posted on Jul 29, 2022 9:00 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 29, 2022 9:35 PM

Ivan Jic Said:

"iPhone SE 2022 has no 3G option in Voice & Data menu?: [...]I can't figure out how to set it to work on 3G (H+) only. It seems this option is completely missing from the settings.[...]"

-------

Thank you or the screenshot.

Contact your Carrier:

This would be a service in your SIM card. You Carrier provides you with the SIM card. So, contact your Carrier, asking them if this is an option for you. This device is a bit obsolete. So, I'm not so certain you would see it anywhere.

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 29, 2022 9:35 PM in response to Ivan Jic

Ivan Jic Said:

"iPhone SE 2022 has no 3G option in Voice & Data menu?: [...]I can't figure out how to set it to work on 3G (H+) only. It seems this option is completely missing from the settings.[...]"

-------

Thank you or the screenshot.

Contact your Carrier:

This would be a service in your SIM card. You Carrier provides you with the SIM card. So, contact your Carrier, asking them if this is an option for you. This device is a bit obsolete. So, I'm not so certain you would see it anywhere.

Jul 29, 2022 9:57 PM in response to TheLittles

Hi,

Thank you for your reply.

I have inserted the exact same SIM card that I used in my previous phone (which had the 3G option), but I will go to the carrier's office today and I will ask them about it anyway.

I don't understand what you mean when you say the device is a bit obsolete, as it is this year's model, released 3 or 4 months ago, if I remember correctly.

I read that 3G will eventually be discontinued. However, in my country (or Europe in general) I read this is not expected to happen before 2025-2027...

UPDATE:

I have noticed that when 4G signal gets weak enough, the phone automatically switches to 3G. I see that it says 3G next to the carrier name at the top left corner. So, the phone supports 3G network. However I need the option to make it only use 3G, because I don't want my battery to drain as my phone will constatnly struggle with getting 4G signal. Is there no way to do this?

Jul 29, 2022 10:05 PM in response to Ivan Jic

Ivan Jic Said:

"iPhone SE 2022 has no 3G option in Voice & Data menu?"

-------

Q1. "have inserted the exact same SIM card that I used in my previous phone (which had the 3G option), but I will go to the carrier's office today and I will ask them about it anyway."

A1. You will not find 3g service likely, being things ae kept unto date, especially in urban areas.

Q2. "I don't understand what you mean when you say the device is a bit obsolete, as it is this year's model, released 3 or 4 months ago, if I remember correctly."

A2. Mistype:

This service is a bit obsolete.

Jul 29, 2022 10:22 PM in response to Ivan Jic

Ivan Jic Said:

"iPhone SE 2022 has no 3G option in Voice & Data menu?: I think I understand your point. But in my country, and my town specifically, that is simply not true. As I have tested it on all my previous phones, 3G is still the best and most consistent network here."

-------

Contact your Carrier:

To find out if this is an option and how to use it, contact your Carrier, requisite assistance with setting this up on your SIM card.

iPhone SE 2022 has no 3G option in Voice & Data menu?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.