You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can I download all the old messages since I open my iCloud

Guys Isnit possible to see my old messages since 2018v

iPhone 7, iOS 14

Posted on Jul 30, 2022 2:14 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jul 30, 2022 9:13 AM

If the messages were deleted before you started syncing Messages to iCloud, you can't recover them. If you were syncing Messages with iCloud and deleted them, they can't be recovered. If you weren't syncing Messages with iCloud, do you have a backup you can restore from? Restoring from a backup erases all data currently on your device. Any data newer than when the backup was made will be erased. A restore is an all or nothing restore. You can't access a backup and only restore certain files.

Backup - Restore your device from an iCloud or iTunes backup.    *

ASC YouTube for how to restore an iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch from an iCloud backup

ASC YouTube for how to restore your iPhone or iPad from a backup on your Mac

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jul 30, 2022 9:13 AM in response to Castropic

If the messages were deleted before you started syncing Messages to iCloud, you can't recover them. If you were syncing Messages with iCloud and deleted them, they can't be recovered. If you weren't syncing Messages with iCloud, do you have a backup you can restore from? Restoring from a backup erases all data currently on your device. Any data newer than when the backup was made will be erased. A restore is an all or nothing restore. You can't access a backup and only restore certain files.

Backup - Restore your device from an iCloud or iTunes backup.    *

ASC YouTube for how to restore an iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch from an iCloud backup

ASC YouTube for how to restore your iPhone or iPad from a backup on your Mac

Can I download all the old messages since I open my iCloud

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.