Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Lost Contacts on my MacBook Pro

I have noticed lately that my Contacts program is badly misbehaving. Contacts that I enter on my MacBook do not sync with my phone. And now - contacts that I have entered on my MacBook and have had for weeks are mysteriously GONE? Like they never existed? Does anyone have any idea what is going on with Contacts? I have now lost all confidence in this application.,

MacBook Air

Posted on Jul 30, 2022 7:28 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 31, 2022 9:36 AM

Thank you for the sign in/sign out suggestion. Yes, this is very helpful. On another note, I have solved the issue of disappearing contacts. The source of the lost contacts data is the relationship between a Google internet account in my preferences setting and the relationship between mail, contacts and calendar. Apparently, Google disabled an internet account due to lack of password sign in from a previous employer. When I re-enable this account, all of my missing contacts were restored. HOW these contacts got associated with this account is total mystery to me. I did NOT use SIRI to import these contacts. I entered these contacts by hand on my MacBook Pro laptop. A large number of contacts 'disappeared' from my contact list on my laptop based on this relationship. A total mystery. But am relieved to have all of my data. Thank you.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 31, 2022 9:36 AM in response to ku4hx

Thank you for the sign in/sign out suggestion. Yes, this is very helpful. On another note, I have solved the issue of disappearing contacts. The source of the lost contacts data is the relationship between a Google internet account in my preferences setting and the relationship between mail, contacts and calendar. Apparently, Google disabled an internet account due to lack of password sign in from a previous employer. When I re-enable this account, all of my missing contacts were restored. HOW these contacts got associated with this account is total mystery to me. I did NOT use SIRI to import these contacts. I entered these contacts by hand on my MacBook Pro laptop. A large number of contacts 'disappeared' from my contact list on my laptop based on this relationship. A total mystery. But am relieved to have all of my data. Thank you.

Lost Contacts on my MacBook Pro

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.