Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Recovering emails deleted from trash.

Can you recover emails accidentally deleted from trash in iCloud mail? Yesterday I deleted my entire Inbox only to find out I deleted them from Trash as well. I went to my iCloud account, but the emails were not there in the Inbox or Trash. Is there any way to recover these emails? I have my Mac backed up to two external hard drives via Time Machine, but I understand emails are backed up to the cloud and not the external drives. If these emails were deleted from Trash, are they lost forever? My mistake was done on my phone, but I soon discovered it carried over to my iPad and Mac when I checked. So, when I made the mistake, all three devices synced.

Posted on Jul 30, 2022 11:42 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 30, 2022 5:59 PM

So, since I deleted the emails from the trash folder, they are gone, right?

4 replies

Jul 30, 2022 12:00 PM in response to JazzmanJohn

See the articles Delete and recover emails in Mail on iPhone - Apple Support

Delete emails on your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch - Apple Support

The mails deleted from iPhone will move to trash , once trash folder is emptied the mails can't be recovered , you have moved the deleted mails once again to inbox from iPhone , the Mac / iPad were signed in with same Apple ID and password on the same network so all mails again synced .

Recovering emails deleted from trash.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.