Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Macbook Shut Down/Sleep

Hi, I have a question about the Macbook. Some people believe it is NOT OKAY to turn off a MacBook, and others believe it is completely OKAY to turn off the MacBook when we are done using it. Could you please tell me which one is correct here? Is it okay to use sleep mode when we are done?

MacBook Pro

Posted on Jul 30, 2022 12:07 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 30, 2022 4:50 PM

Either one is completely ok. Seriously.

Longer answer: Apple designs its products so that you don't have to concern yourself with details regarding their use. Yes that includes details as simple and mundane as turning them on or off. You can shut a Mac down if you don't plan on using it for a long time (weeks) but other than that it's better to just let it sleep. Shut its lid if you want to. Or not. Some people have cats that are fond of walking on top of the keyboard thereby waking it up. They might want to shut its lid.

Personally, if I'm not using a Mac, I ignore it. They work best that way.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 30, 2022 4:50 PM in response to ahmedbindelowar

Either one is completely ok. Seriously.

Longer answer: Apple designs its products so that you don't have to concern yourself with details regarding their use. Yes that includes details as simple and mundane as turning them on or off. You can shut a Mac down if you don't plan on using it for a long time (weeks) but other than that it's better to just let it sleep. Shut its lid if you want to. Or not. Some people have cats that are fond of walking on top of the keyboard thereby waking it up. They might want to shut its lid.

Personally, if I'm not using a Mac, I ignore it. They work best that way.

Macbook Shut Down/Sleep

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.